• Name: Frankie Sullivan
• Title: Education Specialist
• Address: 1400 N. Eleven Mile Corner Rd., Casa Grande, AZ 85194
• Phone #: 520-450-4507
• e-mail: fsullivan@ pinalesa.org
• A variety of workshops designed from the Arizona Mathematics Standards are offered throughout the 2010-2011 school year.
• The Arizona Mathematics Standard represents a connected body of mathematical understandings and competencies that provide a foundation for all students. Concepts and skills that are critical to the understanding of important processes and relationships are emphasized. It is important for educators to understand and conceptualize these standards to prepare students for AIMS testing. Trainings focus on developing an understanding of the standard, unwrapping important mathematical concepts, and analyzing a variety of strategies to implement the standard.
• Workshops introducing the Common Core Standards expected to begin in Spring 2011
• For current listing of available Mathematics workshops visit http://www.pinalesa.org/professional-development/view/classes-training-events
• National Council of Teachers of Mathematics: http://www.nctm.org
• ADE’s Mathematics Resource Page: http://www.ade.state.az.us/sa/sdi/math.asp
• Moodle: http://moodle.org/
• Lessons and Activities: http://illuminations.nctm.org/